Brief Job Description
Are you a RGN, RMN, Paramedic, if so we need you!
Our Clients CRG Medical are a leading National Forensic Medical Services Company who require nurses to join their forward thinking team looking after the health, safety and welfare of detained persons held in police custody.
Hours: 42 hours a week, full time. Fixed pattern, 4 on 4 off.
Our experienced healthcare professionals are on hand 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to ensure that patients are assessed, their health needs addressed and to assist the police in conducting forensic medical examinations to gather evidence for use in the criminal justice system. You’ll be part of a forward thinking team that is supported and valued, a key member of a growing organisation that offers opportunities to develop your career, where you can use all your skills and experience to really make a difference.
Part of the role will be a need to balance sound judgement to assess whether detainees are fit to be detained , interviewed, transferred or released.
The role includes:
- Assessment and treatment of detainee’s health needs.
- Promoting drug rehabilitation therapies whilst in custody
- Healthcare promotion
- Mental health and substance misuse assessments
- Forensic sampling
- Sexual Assault Victim Assessments (in some contracts)
- Trail blazing inter agency engagement correctly sign posting detainees to reduce reoffending
- Registered General Nurse/Paramedic with a minimum of 3 years’ service
Full membership of the NMC/HCPC
- Unplanned Care experience
- Ability to work autonomously and within a wider team
Strong decision making skills
- Have been continuously resident in the UK for at least 3 years
- Must have Right to Work in the UK
- A full UK driving licence
- Eagerness to develop skill set with forensic training
- This role would suit a healthcare professional that has current front line experience in either one of the following settings
- A & E setting
- Treatment Centre
- Walk-in Centre
- Urgent Care Centre
- Rapid Response